The central government suddenly banned several Chinese apps. Allegedly, these apps are hindering the sovereignty of India and the security of the people of the country. On Tuesday, the central government banned 43 such apps.
The 43 apps were banned by the Indian government under Section 69A of the Indian Information Technology Act. Allegedly, the activities of these apps are undermining India’s sovereignty, integrity, defence, security and public order.
A statement issued by the Union Ministry of Information Technology on the same day said that the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre has decided to ban these 43 apps after scrutinizing the report of the Ministry of Home Affairs. These 43 apps include the very popular Chinese apps WeWorkChina, AliExpress, CamCard, and Snack Video.
The AliExpress app belongs to the Chinese retail giant Alibaba Group. There are also several other apps of this Chinese company like AliSuppliers Mobile App, Alibaba Workbench, AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living, Alipay Cashier etc.
A statement from the Centre said, “The Union Ministry of Information Technology has issued a directive blocking access to 43 apps in India under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act. Various information related to these applications has been verified and found to be detrimental to India’s sovereignty and integrity, defence, state security and public order. And that is why this step has been taken on behalf of the centre.
List of 43 Apps Banned on 24 Nov
1) AliSuppliers Mobile App
2) Alibaba Workbench
3) AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
4) Alipay Cashier
5) Lalamove India – Delivery App
6) Drive with Lalamove India
7) Snack Video
8) CamCard – Business Card Reader
9) CamCard – BCR (Western)
10) Soul- Follow the soul to find you
11) Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
12) Date in Asia – Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
13) WeDate-Dating App
14) Free dating app-Singol, start your date!
15) Adore App
16) TrulyChinese – Chinese Dating App
17) TrulyAsian – Asian Dating App
18) ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
19) DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
20) AsianDate: find Asian singles
21) FlirtWish: chat with singles
22) Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
23) Tubit: Live Streams
25) First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
26) Rela – Lesbian Social Network
27) Cashier Wallet
29) MGTV-HunanTV official TV APP
30) WeTV – TV version
31) WeTV – Cdrama, Kdrama & More
32) WeTV Lite
33) Lucky Live-Live Video Streaming App
34) Taobao Live
36) Identity V
37) Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
38) BoxStar (Early Access)
39) Heroes Evolved
40) Happy Fish
41) Jellipop Match-Decorate your dream island
42) Munchkin Match: magic home building
43) Conquista Online II
On June 29 this year, a total of 59 Chinese apps were banned by the government in the first phase. Later on, September 2, the Indian government banned 118 more apps. Apps were banned under Section 69A of the Indian Information Technology Act. Demands for a ban on Chinese goods have been rising across the country since an Indian soldier was killed in a Chinese attack on the Galwan border in eastern Ladakh. And at the same time, the Centre came to the notice of this huge number of apps, which became extremely harmful to the sovereignty of India and the security of the people of the country.
Stay updated with every news, download Koustav WiFi News App on your mobile.
Get all Tech News related to live news update of latest mobile reviews apps, tablets etc. Stay updated with us for all breaking news from Tech and more update News.